A stable, pourable gelled beverage contained Gellan gum. A process for preparing a gelled beverage which involves dispersing Gellan gum and other beverage ingredients in solution agitating the solution, heating the solution while stirring, and concurrently rapidly cooling and shearing the solution. The beverage, which does not require the presence of other gelling agents or stabilizers, contains between about 0.01% and 0.15% Gellan gum.
Suspending beverage formula and processing
Formula: Gellan gum 0.015~0.02% Calcium lactate 0.07% Sugar 11% Sodium Citrate 0.1% Citric acid 0.2% Water to 100% Fruit pulp Appropriate
1. Blend appropriate amount of Gellan gum, sodium citrate, calcium lactate and part of the sugar evenly.
2. Transfer the blended powder into water to get the solution with Gellan gum content as 0.015% ~ 0.02%, sodium citrate as 0.1%, calcium lactate as 0.07%, then stir the solution on heat ( above 85 ℃) for some time to make sure that all the powder in water has been dissolved totally.
3. Add the remained sugar into solution and stir it to make it dissolved totally, and then we get the solution A.
4. Remove the heat and let the solution cool to about 50℃, compensate the lost water in heating, then add the citric acid (the total added citric acid should take 0.2% of the solution A and this citric acid should be prepared as solution before added )
5. Add the fruit pulp into solution A and then transfer solution into bottle, after pasteurization, cool it to room temperature, after 12 hrs, shake the bottle well and you will get the suspending beverage.